SAM's Premium Newsletter
Hello friends, my name is Caleb Dismuke. My mission with this service is simple-To provide you with research and trading ideas that you can execute in your own portfolio.
This newsletter will run 2 model portfolios. One for equities and ETFs and one for FOREX. Transparency is must for a newsletter prodcuts. All trade alerts, winners and losers, will be posted.
Q: What does a subscription include?
- The Weekly Update. My weekly newsletter that will catch you up on news and stories from the business, finance, and investment world. This is free and you can unsubscribe anytime. I also write a daily update. You can check it out here.
- A monthly update for subscribers only. This will discuss our current portfolio, trends, and any upcoming investment opportunities I see on the horizon.
- Trade alerts for stocks, ETFs, and FOREX/Bitcoin.
- Members only Facebook group. If you cancel your subscription, you will also be removed from this group.
What we will focus on
The longer I have traded, the more I realize how true that statement is. Our behavior as investors is what will determine our account balance at the end of the year.
We will focus on taking fewer trades, and holding them until our target is hit or we are stopped out. For those who are use to everyday action, this will be an adjustment.
However, our goal is to have more money in our account at the end of the year than we started with, not how many trades we took.
In addition, this strategy can be executed by anybody. The problem with many trading signals is that they occur during the day when people are at work. It is hard to execute a trade if you are in the middle of a meeting or talking to your boss.
Most of these trades you will be able to execute at the end of the work day, so there is no pressure to act fast.
Make no mistake, trading in this manner will be difficult. We will be sitting around most of the time, waiting for our edge to appear. It will seem boring, and that is ok. We are not in this for the action, but for the money, for our financial goals, and to take care of our family.
today, you have the tools to manage your own money for low cost
We as consumers have more choice and power over our finances today than ever before. The internet has enabled this. It has also enabled a lot of noise and quite frankly it is hard to know who to trust and what to listen to.
To get started,
Let's simplify our framework into three buckets. This framework has been around a while and is an efficient way to segment our money.
- Bucket 1-Savings. Have enough money in an easily accessible account you can use to pay for emergencies when they come up. And they will, we all have unexpected expenses that seem to pop up at the worst times. Take a look at Digit, it automatically saves money for you based on your spending patterns.
- Bucket 2-The "Stay rich" bucket. This could be your 401k, pension, IRA or any type of retirement vehicle. It should be LOW COST, and well diversified. Take a look at Wealthfront, Betterment, or Vanguard. Most advisors recommend allocating 60-90% of your investable funds to this bucket, but that will vary with each individual.
- Bucket 3-Speculative or "Get rich" bucket. It is exactly as it sounds, this is money, not in a savings or retirement account, that you can take risks with.
This newsletter's aim is to help you with Bucket 3, to give you ideas that you can execute and hopefully profit from.
This system sounds simple, and it is, but that is the point. We need systems that we can execute and most importantly, stick with.
What members will get
- The best way to learn is by taking action and by having an experienced trader you can learn from. These trading ideas and alerts will focus on liquid ETFs and the major FOREX pairs.
- You can expect between 1-4 trade alerts/month. The alerts will be sent via email and posted in the members only Facebook group. The alerts will have entry and stop levels, profit targets, and reward/risk parameters.
- A weekly e-mail summary of what happened in the markets + trading opportunities for the week ahead.
- Community. We all started our journey at zero. Everybody has something to offer, no matter your background. Trading is hard and can be lonely, having other people you can share your journey with is important.
Our community will be a members only Facebook group.
Note: Before joining, you will need to know how to execute a trade and the basic lingo of the ETF/FOREX market.
If you are unfamiliar with how ETFs work, this 30 minute video should get you started-ETF.com.
If you don't have a brokerage account to trade ETFs, Robinhood is worth a look.
Here is a good site for FOREX beginners-Babypips.
Important: Transparency is a must with any investment service that offers trading ideas. All of the trades, good and bad, will be posted. This service will run a model portfolio on google sheets that will be available to subscribers.
Who should not join
- People looking for quick results and overnight success.
- If you are in debt or in urgent need for money.
- Not willing to put in the work.
People I would love to see
- Patient traders that view wealth building as a life long endeavor.
- Action takers with an intense desire to learn new things and better their trading skills.
- Trustworthy individuals who are a pleasure to work with.
I write on Medium, you can follow me here.